Friday, September 26, 2008

Crazy...in all respects

I awoke this morning to Nathan who in his sleep, was crowding me off the bed. Had tightness in my neck and shoulders, cause I guess I apparently never relax...even while slumbering. I went out to the front room and commenced to doing my exercises, even though I really and I mean REALLY didn't feel like doing them. After Nathan woke up, I sent him down to wake up the boys for school so I could continue my "ten minutes to rock hard abs" (yeah right). The other three have a day off from school so they got to sleep a little longer. Tuey then came up and in an "accusatory tone" complained that I usually wake him up at seven on late start days and why didn't I wake him up. I told him to set him alarm next time and he insisted that I always wake him up on Fridays. It made me quite crabby. Seth then lumbered out of bed and put his head under the faucet so his hair wouldn't have the "plateau" appearance and was really no friendlier than Tuey had been. At six minutes after seven I went out and sat in the van and eventually honked for them to come out. They both came out in slow fashion, Tuey with a bowl of freshly poured cereal and Seth with a scowl on his face, wanting to know why I didn't tell them I was coming to the car. Why I "sneaked" out to the car, in fact. And no, when I dropped them off at school, neither of them thanked me. Hmmm....I just remembered....Tuey kissed me goodbye and Seth waved at me when I was pulling out of the circle. I don't know...maybe they do love me after all.

2 comments:

kara said...

they love you. we children sometimes get so involved in our own business that we don't realize we are being inconsiderate. trust me though, they love and appreciate all you do..or will someday.

katie said...

Perhaps you should sing more. I know that my mom used to sing Good morning songs to us, and we were always so cheerful in the morning. Or perhaps that was homicidal-its been a few years. Anyway, give it a thought.