Saturday, June 5, 2010

Baseball on a Saturday Afternoon

Little League baseball lasts an hour and forty-five minutes or five innings. Do you realize how long that is when the game is almost completely up to the pitcher and the catcher? I took a notebook and a pencil and looked very important as I sat in the shade of a tree scribbling down ideas. Working on my children's novel. Don't know if I'll ever finish it, but at least it's starting to move along into chapter three. I got my character to the park finally, but I don't quite know what to do with him now. I've never been a boy before (believe it or not) and so I'm reaching quite far for that age-old rule to "write what you know." I'm enlisting Sean's help who is just the right age and temperment to feed my muse.

I'm wearing my new Regis University T-shirt purchased for me by Seth, who got his fall class schedule yesterday. I think he can endure the concrete mucking (and my, don't we have fun tossing that mucking word about) a little better knowing that the light of academia is shining on that hill where he can glance up at it on occasion.

Graduatons are over and I made it through without coming apart at the seams. Life goes on and I'm still marching. Fancy that.

No comments: